Infertility can be a challenging and emotional journey for many couples. While many try IVF and IUI with modern medical interventions, exploring holistic approaches like Ayurveda can provide valuable insights and solutions for enhancing fertility. Many failed IVF and IUI cases have found fruitful results after undergoing Infertility Treatment in Ayurveda as it helps to improve reproductive health, and the quality of egg and sperm to enhance fertility rate.
In this blog Let’s understand the causes of infertility and how to improve the fertility rate with ayurveda treatment and medicines for pregnancy.
Infertility can have various causes, and it is essential to note that both men and women can experience fertility issues. Here are some common reasons for infertility:
- Hormonal Imbalances: Hormonal imbalances can disrupt the normal functioning of the reproductive system, affecting ovulation in women or sperm production in men. More and more patients are suffering from Conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and thyroid disorders which can contribute to hormonal imbalances, along with insulin resistance and obesity, says Dr. Anitha, Ayurveda Infertility Specialist from Bangalore.
- Uterine Issues: a. In women, conditions such as blocked fallopian tubes, uterine fibroids, or endometriosis can impede the fertilization process.
b. In men, conditions like a varicocele (enlarged veins in the scrotum) or blockages in the vas deferens can affect sperm transport.
- Ovulation Disorders: Irregular or absent ovulation can make it difficult for women to conceive. Factors that can contribute to ovulation disorders include PCOS, hormonal imbalances, obesity, stress, and certain medical conditions or medications. Low AMH can be another cause of concern.
- Low Sperm Count or Poor Sperm Quality: In men, issues with sperm production, low sperm count, or poor sperm motility and morphology can affect fertility. Factors such as infections, hormonal imbalances, genetic disorders, excessive alcohol or drug use, smoking, and certain medications can contribute to male infertility.
- Chronic Medical Conditions: Certain chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, autoimmune disorders, kidney disease, and PCOS can impact fertility in both men and women.
- Unexplained Infertility: In some cases, the cause of infertility remains unknown despite thorough medical evaluation. It is estimated that around 10-15% of couples experience unexplained infertility.
Understanding Ayurvedic Treatment for Infertility:
According to Ayurveda, a healthy conception takes place in the presence of a healthy sperm and ovum in a healthy womb at the proper time with proper nourishment. Ayurveda views fertility, as the balance of doshas and good reproductive health.
Ayurveda Treatment for Infertility
At Shathayu, both male and female infertility cases are treated with a holistic approach
- Cleanse with detoxification Process through Panchakarma therapy for Hormonal balance
- Ayurvedic Treatment for infertility in Males is planned following customized detox in case of oligospermia, azoospermia, Low sperm count, and even Healthy sperm quality.
- The first stage of Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in females is to cleanse the body and mind and focus on hormonal balance.
2. Nourish with a combination of herbs
Ayurvedic medicine for infertility in men is often used to support male reproductive health. Some commonly recommended herbs for male infertility include:
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): It is an adaptogenic herb that helps reduce stress and improve sperm quality and motility.
- Shilajit: It is a mineral-rich substance that supports reproductive health and enhances vitality.
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): It is known for its aphrodisiac properties and helps improve sperm count and motility.
- Kapikacchu (Mucuna pruriens): This herb helps increase testosterone levels and improve semen quality.
3. Herbal Remedies for Hormonal Imbalance: some of the ayurvedic medicine for hormonal imbalance in women are
- Ashoka (Saraca Indica): This herb helps regulate hormonal imbalances, supports the uterine lining, and aids in healthy menstrual cycles.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus): Shatavari promotes hormonal balance, strengthens the reproductive system, and nourishes the female reproductive organs.
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra): It aids in enhancing egg quality by reducing oxidative stress and supporting the ovaries.
The Santati bindu chikitsa is also a very effective infertility treatment given at Shathayu Ayurveda to improve the chances of ovulation in women with PCOD and other ovulation disorders.
While infertility can be a complex issue, Ayurveda offers a holistic approach to support fertility by addressing various aspects of an individual’s well-being. Seeking guidance from an Ayurveda Specialist in infertility one can strategically plan in Improving the quality of egg, quality of sperm, Lining, and hormonal balance for increased success rates for natural conception or IVF or IUI cases.
By embracing Ayurveda choosing the right fertility-boosting foods, adopting lifestyle modifications, and seeking guidance from our experienced fertility specialist from Bangalore, to enhance their chances of conception while nurturing their overall health.