INFERTILITY is the most commonly found issue in the younger and the upcoming generation. The treatment and procedures to treat infertility are emotionally draining processes. It is one of the most emotional crises that a couple undergoes, and it is very hard to cope up in life.
When a couple begins the journey to consider IVF, with fertility struggles with the woman, these are the 5 Conditions to look into before IVF/IUI and rectifying with Ayurveda for a better success rate.
- Quality of the Egg -When one is undergoing IVF, one needs to focus on the quality of eggs, rather than quantity! So also in Ayurveda, the focus is a healthy ovum, and a healthy uterus of women the shukra dhatu or reproductive tissue.
- Thin Endometrium -Endometrial receptivity is widely regarded as a key factor in the success of IVF. endometrial pattern, volume, and thickness above 7mm have been widely accepted for IVF.
- PCOS -Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common condition in which there is a hormone imbalance leading to irregular menstrual cycles, which will have anovulatory cycles.
- Unexplained Infertility -1 in 6 couples will suffer fertility problems and sometimes these remain undiagnosed after investigation. These patients may benefit from Ayurveda therapies.
- Endometriosis or fibroid – Researches show that these conditions can cause problems in fertility rates and need to be treated.
Ayurveda offers some aids and hopes with better success rates who undergo procedures like IVF. People come to Ayurveda Panchakarma Therapies for infertility as this will increase the chances of the IVF procedure being successful or to tackle failed IVF/IUI.
Ayurveda treatments before IVF
Fertility Cleanse DETOX
Ayurveda gives several internal medications to ensure a smooth and easy way to detox the body. The detoxification process not only cleanses the body but also focuses on hormonal imbalance, egg quality, and the endometrial lining of the uterus.
Ayurveda Massages and Destress therapies
Several Ayurveda therapies help to cope with stress. As the infertility couple undergoes emotional stress, it is important to keep the mind calm and composed. These therapies reduce the stress hormone CORTISOL and improve immunity.
Ayurveda Medicines for fertility
Offers several herbal medications for infertility. One can increase the fertility rate and success rate of IVF using Ayurveda therapies and medicines.
The process of babymaking is an emotionally draining process and these aids can be used to enhance the success rates and calm the mind and body.
Dr. Anitha Bhat
Senior Ayurveda physician